Keeping your Pharaoh Hound on a leash in the city, on the street, on country roads… is a legal obligation. So, it’s a fact, when you do a walk with your Pharaoh Hound, you have to keep him on a leash.
We will see in this article that there are other reasons why you should use a leash to walk your Pharaoh Hound. We will therefore advise you to choose the leash adapted to your Pharaoh Hound and will propose you our selection of the 3 best leashes for Pharaoh Hound.
Why do you have to keep your Pharaoh Hound on a leash?
Simply to avoid accidents. Indeed, an Pharaoh Hound can quickly be out of control when it crosses a female in horn, when it is exposed to food, to an odor… It can quickly escape its owner. Without being held, the risk will be that he will attack another animal or even a child. Impulsively, it could even cross a street or an avenue and cause a traffic accident or be run over….
Thus, keeping your Pharaoh Hound on a leash is simply a precautionary principle.
How to make the leash a pleasure thing for your Pharaoh Hound?
Keeping your Pharaoh Hound on a leash is not synonymous with constraint and difficulties. You can easily walk your Pharaoh Hound on a leash and make this walk a real moment of relaxation, pleasant and privileged for you and your dog.
To achieve this result, I advise you to train your Pharaoh Hound as soon as possible and very gradually to walk on a leash. And if you want the training to be done in the best possible conditions, just like the choice of collar or harness, the choice of leash is essential.
You must choose the right equipment according to the use you will have (walks, education, sport…) and the specificities of your Pharaoh Hound (age, weight, character…). With this post, we will help you to select the best equipment for your Pharaoh Hound.
How to choose a good leash for your Pharaoh Hound?
In addition to the esthetical aspect as well as the colour, a good leash will be a leash:
- which will not become worn too quickly and will last for a very long time;
- equipped with a reliable, solid and safe closure;
- perfectly adapted to the size of your Pharaoh Hound.
Which size should the leash of your Pharaoh Hound be?
- For puppies, a long leash or lanyard may be useful for their education. Of course, you will have to change leashes as the dog grows.
- For a medium sized Pharaoh Hound, a leash of 1m to 1m20 will have a good length for daily walks.
- During walks in the forest, in the countryside, in the mountains, a long leash or a lanyard will allow your Pharaoh Hound more freedom while being attached.
- For a stronger and more powerful Pharaoh Hound, a shorter (50 cm) and wider lead is recommended.
Which material to choose for a good leash?
- For a puppy, it will be advisable to take a light and long leash. Nylon leashes are perfectly suited for young Pharaoh Hound.
- For an adult Pharaoh Hound, a leather leash will be ideal. Indeed, it will be of quality, solid and resistant while being pleasant to handle.
- Heavier metal leashes are more suitable for powerful or large Pharaoh Hound that must be held firmly and very tightly close to us.
What are the best leashes for a Pharaoh Hound?
Below, you will find a selection of the 3 best leashes for Pharaoh Hound that will perfectly meet your requirements and the specificities of your dog.
For small daily walks and for puppies – Nylon leashes
The BAAPET leash – one of the cheapest
Why choose the BAAPET leash?
- Because the leash is light but very strong and solid.
- The 100% nylon fabric and its braiding will prevent your Pharaoh Hound from destroying this leash.
- It absorbs shocks with its handle that does not burn your hands while helping you maintain a firm grip on your Pharaoh Hound.
- Its size is ideal.
- It is of very good quality with a very strong hook.
All opinions converge on the solidity and resistance of this leash. Many comments describe it as perfect, saying that it is neither too short nor too long.
A user indicates that its handle is comfortable and does not hurt when its Pharaoh Hound pulls hard. Many people recommend it for buying.
For long walks or educational training sessions – Long adjustable leashes
The TUG Patented 360° Tangle-Free, Retractable Dog Leash
Why choose this leash for your Pharaoh Hound?
- Because it is a retractable leash that can be adjusted to the length you need. Of a good length which is necessary for the comfort of your Pharaoh Hound, it turns into a short leash when your Pharaoh Hound needs to be held close to you. So you can use the long leash for relaxed walks where your Pharaoh Hound can sniff, track and walk more quietly. But you can also use the shorter leash for busy sidewalks, bike paths or crowded areas…
- It is a top-of-the-range leash made of a quality material that will withstand the test of time.
- The clasp is strong: its lock will never rust and can withstand enormous traction.
Product rated 4 stars on Amazon. Users are all satisfied with the product and are pleased to have purchased it.
A Pharaoh Hound owner explains that when he received the package, he had an excellent surprise as to the quality because he finds it very strong. Finally, he emphasizes that the price is unbeatable for a material of this quality!
Another user confirms that this leash is suitable for walking in the city and that in the long version it is perfect for the countryside.
To practice sports with your Pharaoh Hound – Extendible leash and hands-free
TaoTronics Retractable Hands Free Dog Leash
Why choose this sports leash for your Pharaoh Hound?
This leash is specially designed for running with your Pharaoh Hound. It is supplied with a very comfortable belt on which the leash is fixed. This way, you can walk your Pharaoh Hound with your hands and arms free. Here are the main qualities of this equipment:
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS: Tear-resistant material and all other parts are of high quality and designed for long-term use.
- FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT: With this leash, you can always move freely and jog, cycle, walk, hike… The leash can extend up so your Pharaoh Hound will have enough space to follow you.
- AMORTISSANT: Elastic, it absorbs movement and pressure. This makes the movement of the Pharaoh Hound more comfortable and the traction on the leash is damped.
- SAFETY: At night, the reflectors manufactured in three rows on the Pharaoh Hound leash and hip belt ensure the safety of the Pharaoh Hound and its owner.
- BEST PRICE : Because it’s cheap and good, it’s an Amazon’s choice!
With very good evaluation scores, customers say they like its length, the quality of the materials, the handles, the many adjustment options (including the ability to quickly grab the control if necessary), the belt and the price (very competitive). And many people say that it is the ideal equipment to play sports with his Pharaoh Hound.