Collar or harness for your American Bully? While it is true that the collar is essential for a puppy (authentication medal and training to walk on a leash), it is not, in some cases, perfectly adapted to an American Bully adult.
In fact, most veterinarians recommend the use of the harnesses for American Bully adults.
For this reason, the following article will help you to know which harness is the best for your American Bully, it will allow you to choose a material adapted to your American Bully according to the way it will be used.
- 1 Why should you choose a harness for your American Bully?
- 2 How to choose a harness for your American Bully?
- 3 The different types of harnesses for American Bully
- 4 What are the best harnesses for American Bully?
Why should you choose a harness for your American Bully?
It is true that some American Bully (especially when they are young and excited) tend to pull their leash too much during walks.
For these American Bully, wearing a collar can be uncomfortable or even dangerous. Indeed, when your American Bully is going to pull, the collar will quickly strangle him, prevent him from breathing and be painful in the throat especially if the walk is long… That is surely why dog and veterinary educators recommend the harness specifically for these American Bully “shooters”.
In addition, with a harness, you will have better control of your American Bully than with a leash. You will have more influence over the direction your American Bully wants to take. This way you will be able to better manage it.
For these dogs who pull too much, it is therefore necessary to favour the use of a harness that is totally safe and much more comfortable for them.
Then when your American Bully is calmer, with age or with a good training, you may be able to replace the harness with a beautiful collar!
How to choose a harness for your American Bully?
Apart from the aesthetic side, a good harness for your American Bully will be a harness:
- comfortable and comfortable to wear for your dog of course!
- which will not wear out too quickly and will last a long time;
- mainly made of nylon for better resistance;
- equipped with reliable and safe locks;
- perfectly adapted to the size of your American Bully.
The different types of harnesses for American Bully
There are 3 main categories that are recognized by their form:
- The Y-shaped harnesses that form a Y on the dog’s chest;
- in H which form an H on the back of the American Bully (seen from the side of the American Bully);
- The T-shaped harnesses that form a T on the shoulder of the American Bully that can be seen when tilting the head.
To these 3 types of harnesses are added:
- Education harnesses or anti-traction harnesses;
- Sports or traction harnesses.
What are the best harnesses for American Bully?
Now, you have to choose the best harness for your American Bully: the one that will be perfectly adapted to the specificities of your dog, its use and your requirements.
H-shaped harness for American Bully – The basic
This is the most common type of harness. It is perfect for everyday little walks.
This classic harness is a good choice because it will fit your American Bully well. You will just have to make sure to adjust it correctly because it can be removed if your American Bully pulls hard and suddenly.
PetSafe 3in1 Harness
Why you should choose this harness for American Bully?
- For its excellent quality. Made of polyamide nylon, this harness is extremely strong, flexible and soft.
- For its comfort. Indeed, thanks to the light weight of the unit, its shape and its material, it offers a remarkable wearing comfort for your American Bully.
- Because it adapts to the size of the American Bully. It is true that this harness has many adjustment points that allow it to be adjusted to the nearest millimetre for optimal comfort.
Top, perfect, ideal… many complimentary comments for this product.
One user indicates that this simple design harness is perfect for his American Bully and fits very well.
Another explains that it is easy to put on and attach, and that its American Bully supports it very well.
A American Bully owner says that this harness does not block the shoulders and is comfortable for her puppy.
The T-shaped harness for American Bully
This type of harness is best suited for long walks where your American Bully can run and exercise. Also, it’s a good choice for dogs that have to assist a handicaped person.
Indeed, it will be more comfortable because it gives your dog a total freedom without hindering his movements.
In addition, it will be easier to put on than other H, Y or X harnesses. Most of them have a handle on top to keep the American Bully at a standstill or to help it pass an obstacle… in short, a very practical handle!
Emotional Support Dog Vest Harness
Why choose this harness for your American Bully?
- Because its innovative and sporty design is combined with exceptional comfort. Indeed, this harness is well padded inside and remains soft and airy;
- Because its shape and design make for optimal ergonomics;
- Because it is practical with its fastening system and handle at the top.
One of Amazon’s most popular productst, this harness is very well rated.
Many comments insist on its solidity, notably one person who says that after 8 months of daily use his American Bully is delighted and the harness has not moved. This harness is described as robust and waterproof.
Other notices mention that it is easy to put on and that it is well padded.
Training harness or anti-pull harness for American Bully
They are often Y-shaped harnesses. The fastener is fixed in front under the chest and not above the back. So when your American Bully shoots, it will feel uncomfortable and therefore slow down on its own.
They are perfect to force your American Bully to walk on a leash at your own pace. It helps to retain the most energetic American Bully.
Rabbitgoo Dog Harness No-Pull Pet Harness
Why choose this harness for your American Bully?
- Comfortable: this harness surrounds the chest and back of the American Bully, when you hold it, it does not strangle American Bully’s neck. It prevents the American Bully from choking when he pulls on his leash;
- Practical: with two buckles, one on the back and the other on the chest, you can easily control the movement of your American Bully: either by holding it if you attach the leash under the chest or by letting it pull by fixing the leash on the back;
- High Quality: Made of robust fabrics, its manufacture is meticulous;
- Easy to clean and dry;
- Secure at night: The reflective strips allow you to walk your American Bully safely in the dark.
Very good comments on the Internet. Many people confirm that it is a good quality product.
The effectiveness and comfort of this harness is also reflected in many comments. In particular in the opinion of a American Bully owner who indicates that since his purchase, the walks have become easy and comfortable for him and his American Bully.
Finally, the practicality of this harness is also highlighted in the notices. One person points out that it is very easy to use and that this harness finally allows him to attach his American Bully to a rear seat belt buckle on the car.
Sports or traction harness for American Bully
They are perfect for activities such as cani-cross, sledding, etc…. Far from the training harness, the traction harness is on the contrary made to make traction comfortable for the American Bully. The attachment is located far away on the back to distribute the weight over the whole body and not just on the shoulders.
Non-stop dogwear Freemotion Harness
Why choose this harness for your American Bully?
This harness is perfect for cani-cross, mountain biking, ski-joëring or sled riding.
Indeed, this top-of-the-range material stands out from the others by its many advantages and qualities:
- Slim and comfortable fit;
- Canine traction sports system;
- Ergonomics designed for traction;
- Hand wash with a mild detergent and air dry.
Product very well rated by users. People who play sports with their American Bully indicate that it is a very good equipment, very comfortable, both for hiking and cycling.
A user indicates that with this equipment, when he runs with his 2 American Bully, he no longer feels the shocks during the start, the speed changes, etc….
Another states that the finish of the product is good, the comfort of use is perfect and that the many adjustments allow the harness and belt to be adjusted to.
Best American Bully Puppy Harness
While it is preferable to choose a collar for very young puppies, wearing a harness will be useful for some who have a more difficult time learning to leash.
Indeed, thanks to the harness, we will be able to make this learning easy, positive and effective. But above all, you can walk your puppy without him suffering when he pulls….
When choosing a harness for your American Bully puppy, it will be essential to ensure that it does not block the development of his rib cage, especially if you use it often and regularly.
This is the harness we have selected because it is ideally suited for puppies (but also adults).
Copatchy No Pull Reflective Adjustable Dog Harness
Why choose this harness for your American Bully puppy?
Here are the main advantages of this product:
- Padded harness that guarantees the comfort of the American Bully puppy and does not hurt him if he pulls on his leash;
- Reflective strips provide better safety at night;
- Very light weight for better comfort and ease of maintenance;
- Very practical with its handle on the top to better control the puppy’s movement or as a safety strap or to attach the American Bully puppy in the car.
Many comments inform that this harness is perfectly adapted to puppies.
One user reports that she purchased this harness for her American Bully puppy and that this product respected the development of her bone structure and the morphology of her doggy.
The price-quality ratio is also highlighted in many comments. One person says that they think this harness is great for the price, that it’s a good quality harness.